PROFESSIONAL MONITORING AND EVALUATION INTERN
Deadline: 10 October 2014
A local Non Governmental Organisation based in Harare is seeking to employ a Professional Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Intern, with prospects of a full fledged employment engagement.
Summary of responsibilities
Working with team members, the M&E Intern is expected to contribute to the development of a regular system of monitoring and evaluation programme activities, collection of valid and timely data to demonstrate project results and development of interim and end-project evaluation in project designs and budgets.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A diploma, graduate or post-graduate qualification in monitoring and evaluation.
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience in M&E.
- Demonstrable experience in project design and report writing
- Demonstrable experience in designing and conducting evaluations.
- Demonstrable experience of providing technical assistance in the use of data for planning and decision making
- Experience in donor funded projects is desired, with working knowledge of UN and USAID systems being a big advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills, with particular knowledge of Excel, Power Point , Internet and Word in addition to statistical applications (e.g. SPSS); knowledge of qualitative software packages desirable.
- Skills in use and analysis of social media usage.
- Excellent communication skills, with verbal and writing skills in English being required
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- A clean class four drivers’ license is an added advantage.
How to apply
Qualified applicants should send their detailed CVs and cover letters to email@example.com and write title of the position they are applying for in the subject line. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.